School Spotlight: University of Michigan
While the rivalry between The Ohio State Buckeyes and the Michigan Wolverines may be legendary, there is much to admire about the school with the Big House in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Here are 5 Fun Facts about the University of Michigan:
1) Interested in doing research as an undergraduate student? The National Science Foundation has ranked U of M the #1 public research university in the U.S. More than 1,300 undergraduates are engaged in research and research opportunities can start as early as freshmen year.
2) Looking for a more intimate liberal arts college experience within a Big 10 university? The Residential College may be for you. The RC admits a maximum of 250 students each year. It is a 4-year program within the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and gives students the opportunity to engage with students and faculty in a smaller setting, while enabling them to take advantage of all of the resources that U of M has to offer.
3) What do Darren Criss and Tom Brady have in common? They are both notable alumni of the University of Michigan.
4) Ann Arbor is consistently ranked in top 5 college towns in America. Wallet Hub ranked it #1 college town for cities with less than 125,000 people, factoring in Wallet Friendliness, Social Environment, and Academic and Economic Opportunities.
5) Innovate Blue is Michigan's hub for entrepreneurial activity and innovation. U of M has 50 undergraduate courses in entrepreneurship, over 30 student organizations dedicated to entrepreneurship and 15 programs and centers across campus supporting entrepreneurship. Bottom line - if you are interested in entrepreneurship, this may be the place for you!
University of Michigan offers 275 degree programs. Whether you know exactly what you want to study or you aren't yet sure, you will undoubtedly find it if you conclude that Michigan is the right school for you.