School Spotlight: University of Colorado - Boulder
For students looking for a comprehensive R1 doctoral university, Division 1 sports, an interdisciplinary approach and a campus with beautiful views and access to an abundance of outdoor activities, look no further than CU - Boulder.
Here are 5 Fun Facts about the University of Colorado:
1) Not quite sure what you want to study? The Program in Exploratory Studies is a great choice for undecided students. Advisors and academic coaches work with students to explore academic and career options and develop a plan to identify a best-fit path and keep you working towards your degree.
2) The Hollywood Reporter named CU a Top 25 American Film School in 2018. CU offers a BA, a BFA and a minor in Cinema Studies and Moving Image Arts.
3) The Leeds School of Business is now offering an undergraduate real estate major. The CU Real Estate Center has a partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council, enabling students to prepare for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification exam.
4) CU's College of Music offers more than 30 areas of study and four degree options for undergraduate students - Bachelor of Arts in Music, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music Education and, as of Fall 2019, a Bachelor of Music in Musical Theatre. Two CU Buff Alumni won Grammy Awards in 2019!
5) The CU Ski Bus Pass will take you from campus to the slopes and back all winter long. Don't want to go all the way to Breckenridge or Keystone? Ski local! Eldora Mountain offers 680 skiable acres just 21 miles from campus - easily accessible by the RTD bus and offering special ski passes for college students. Your RTD college pass will get you back and forth from the Denver airport to campus without paying the traditional fee.
With 85 majors at the undergraduate level, 50+ minors and 100+ certificate programs, CU Boulder offers something for everyone. Go Buffs!