School Spotlight - Davidson College
First of all, I owe you an apology for the delay in featuring a new School Spotlight! I really love exposing families to colleges and universities that might not be in your consideration set, so expect more of these to come.
My inspiration for featuring Davidson is two-fold:
1) Ohioans love the Carolinas. I might be the only Ohio resident who has not vacationed in Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or the Outerbanks! Given that Ohio families are my primary client base, I thought I would feature a school in a state where you would want to travel :)
2) Davidson is a great example of "the sticker price is not the actual price." You might come across Davidson, and see a private college with a $67K price tag and immediately eliminate it as an option. I will tell you why it may be more realistic then you think.
Here are 5 great reasons to consider Davidson College:
1) Davidson has a strong commitment to offering an affordable education. 100% of students who demonstrate financial aid receive 100% of their need met. That isn't all - they will meet 100% of need through a combination of grants and student employment, NOT loans!
2) Davidson requires each student to sign an Honor Code, a tradition that has been in place since 1837 and is one that reflects the school's true culture and commitment to academic honesty and social responsibility.
3) Davidson offers summer internship grants to help support students who want to get experience in fields or industries that typically offer low-paying or non-paid internship experiences.
4) If you are looking for a small college (1,843 undergrads) where you have the ability to develop strong relationships with your professors and peers in a challenging, yet supportive, enriching and close-knit environment, put Davidson on your list. Over 69% of classes have fewer than 20 students. Check out this fun video to learn about the students that comprise the Class of 2023.
5) Not sure what you want to study, but know you want a liberal arts education? Davidson offers a Holistic Advising Program to help first and second-year students up until the time you declare a major.